Friday, April 5, 2013

Wadi

I have made a real effort to go with the flow over the last few months.  I say this because I often get discouraged, or I get anxious and I struggle with things I cannot control. Going with the flow for me is about just letting things happen as they do and to try to have a good attitude.  I don't have to know the outcome of everything.  I can let others lead and I can follow. I don't have to follow everything.  I can make choices that will work with the group of people I am with and myself.  It is about trying to listen to the spirit, and following it.

This scripture helps me.  1 Nephi 4:6
And I was led by the Spirit, not knowing beforehand the things which I should do.

With that being said.  It is easy to go with the flow when you are in a river, or a steam, but it is really hard when you live in a wadi. What is a wadi you ask? A wadi is a dry river bed.  It only sometimes has a flow with heavy rain.  I happen to live in a wadi with certain issues in my life.  I would love to understand how to go with the flow, but most of the time there is no flow. Sometimes there is a flow, but rarely. I will continue to try to go with the flow even if it is hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment