Monday, April 15, 2013

Boston

Boston is such a beautiful city with amazing history.  There has been tragedy and success in the past such as the Boston Massacre and the Boston Tea Party.  Sadly today a tragedy has happened.  At the finish line of the Boston Marathon there were explosions. I know people who were there just a few blocks away.  It's frightening and scary.  When I was listening to NPR, one reporter said he was not allowed on a sky walk because of an abandoned package.  This reminds me of my life, half a lifetime ago, when I lived in Israel.  Streets were closed because of possible bombs.  One time at the Jerusalem Center, some tourists were concerned because some BYU student left his backpack in the hallway for a significant period of time. We assured the tourists that there was nothing to worry about, he just wasn't thinking.  Ultimately I am thankful that the people I know are safe, and that generally we don't live in a place where this happens.  Yes I know it has happened multiple times in the United States such as The World Trade Center Bombings, Oklahoma City, Atlanta Olympics or even in Salt Lake with the Salamander Letter Scandal with Mark Hoffman.  We live in a world where there are possibilities like this. There are scary things that can happen.  Hurt happens.  What we need to remember is that we can be healed through Jesus Christ.  Our hurt, our sorrow, our fears and pain can be overcome through the atonement. Life may be hard, but it will be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment