I made homemade Cheese Crackers. I know, amazing! It wasn't too hard, but honestly the cost was about as much as just buying some cheese-its, or goldfish. They do taste better and are more healthy, so there you go.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 8 ounces grated extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh-ground pepper
- 3-4 tablespoons of water to be used later
2. Pulse in 3 to 4 tablespoons of water, one tablespoon at a time, and only enough so that the dough forms a ball and rides the blade.
3. Remove, wrap in plastic, and chill for 20 minutes or up to 24 hours.
4. Heat oven to 350° F.
5. Line 2 baking pans with parchment paper and set aside.
6. Roll the dough out to 1/8th-inch thickness. Cut out as many crackers as possible using a 2-inch cutter or your choice. I used a star. Remove, wrap in plastic, and chill for 20 minutes or up to 24 hours.
7. Place them 1 inch apart on the prepared baking pans.
8. Bake until golden and crisp ‑- 15 to 20 minutes.
9. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
10. Repeat with remaining dough and scraps
11. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
This is taken from Yum Sugar.