Monday, February 6, 2012

One is the Lonliest Number

Ok so I said to myself I wouldn't do anymore depressing blog posts, but this is my outlet, whether anyone reads it or not. So its true...both of my brothers look like they are getting married this summer. Yes I am excited for them, but really this sucks for me, royally. I know they have to do what is best for them, but I feel like they don't even know how hard this is for me being single, 30, LDS, haven't been on a date in a long time, and been on a good date even longer. I have no prospects. This is all I ever wanted in my life. I wanted to have the blessings of marriage, but it is not looking too likely. I know 30 is young or so they say...but I haven't had any decent prospects in years. Guys who are my age who are still single are basically full of themselves, or are losers. The other option is that they are divorced but that is another can of worms.
So fun summer eh?
My other favorite thing is that every time I know someone who gets married basically forgets me after they are married. Its like they don't know what to do with me. I am the outlier of their perfect little lives of marriedhood. What do you do with your random single friend. You can't go to dinner with them...that's what couples do...and then they have kids and then what do you do with your random single friend...really what do you do?
I have lost so many friends because of marriage...and it looks like that may be the case with my brothers too. Ya I know we still see each other at family things, but really how often do they really happen?
So there you go. I am discouraged, upset.

No comments:

Post a Comment