Thursday, December 22, 2011

For the Love of John Adams and more...

Let love and vanity be extinguished and the great passions of ambition, patriotism, break out and burn." John Adams

Ok so I love, loVE, LOVE that quote! Granted John Adams said it before he met Abigail, but still its AWESOME! I have been reading John Adams and its very interesting...like how he was the 14th to graduate from Harvard in his class of 25 because their order was all about their rank in society. Funny how we know nothing about the rest of his graduating class, huh?

Life would be a lot easier if I didn't have to worry about finding love...because it doesn't seem to be something that will come my way. There is a lack of gentlemen callers, lack of crushes---so basically no options. No one seems to be scoring high on the "crush factor." Ya I threw that in there for any of you who read my blog from the 98th ward. True one doesn't really play the game anymore, but sometimes I catch myself still using the same familiar rubric--if only in my head. :) Wouldn't it be great if all we had to think about were passions of ambitions and patriotism?

Secondly I have other issues...like carrying multiple suitcases of baggage that prevent me from really allowing myself to go forward with anything. I become a saboteur of all kids of relationships. Ya truth is I don't like anyone, but that is mostly because I don't allow myself to. Good thing I have my TV and movie star boyfriends..

No comments:

Post a Comment