Saturday, April 14, 2012

Top Ten List

As inspired by my friend I got set up on a date with. Here is my top ten list.

TOP TEN WAYS YOU KNOW YOU HAVE BEEN IN THE DATING WORLD TOO LONG...

1. When you have been set up with someone on a blind date with someone you already know.

2. When you know someone who has written a dating book.

3. When other single people (often younger) are giving you lectures about why you are still single.

4. When a co-worker who is 20 years older then you tries to make a pact that when you are a certain age you will get married to each other.

5. When you have friends who have been married 3 times before you can get married once.

6. When you are the last child in your family to get married.

7. When your nieces and nephews set you up on dates.

8. When every other single person in your dating pool is either 10 years older or 10 years younger than you.

9. When all viable options for dating already have been married and have kids and are on round two when you are still on round one.

10. When people assume you have been married before because nobody is single this long.


**Disclaimer, most of these are true to my own experience. If you have any others to add to my list, please let me know. I have had some good laughs thinking about it this last week or so.

HONORABLE MENTIONS
When you have friends who set you up with someone in a different state.
When you haven’t been on a date for many months to year+.
When nieces and nephews get married before you.

1 comment:

  1. I love this list! It is so true it makes me want to laugh and cry at the same time!

    ReplyDelete