Thursday, May 19, 2011

Blind Dates and Relationship Blindness


Blind dates---everyone's favorite right? So over my dating life I have been on many of these so called dates. They aren't exactly my favorite, but hey they are something. For every 3 or so dates that one wants to set me up on, only about one actually ends up a real date. I figure I always say yes, what's the worst that can happen? A great story perhaps, or a mediocre date. No big deal, right? So recently I have had a lot of these offers... I don't really love them, but its something to help me think that I am doing something to try to get married instead of letting things happen to me. I feel like I have a more participatory role this way in my dating life.

Relationship blindness---how often are we blind to our feelings, thoughts about ourselves or about the one we are dating while dating them. We don't always see their true colors, or even our true feelings or true thoughts about them until it is too late or not at all...We are blind because of our chemical feelings, our hormones our emotional baggage or whatever. We all are prone to not seeing what is in front of us. We look past their little things that might be nothing, but in some cases may be something. I guess my fear with this post is that I have fallen into this before and don't care to repeat it. They say "Love is Blind" that may be good in someways, but you don't want to end up with some guy who is not worth your time. I don't mind the blind dates, ok so I don't love them, but its only a night, but relationship blindness can last for a long time.

In case you are wondering...Yes I do have a blind date on Saturday. (wish me luck!)

2 comments:

  1. Good luck!!! I had some really awkward blind dates, but I'm an awkward person haha :) Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete