Saturday, March 2, 2013

Boys Suck! But I Want One!


I really don't understand boys...really.  Ok that's not entirely true, I understand boys ie the boys in my 5th class, but not ones that are date worthy or older age appropriate ones or otherwise known as men.  I don't know how to read them, I don't understand what they mean or what their expectations are.

This is what I have to deal with as an over 30 single girl in Mormondom:
There are often few men compared to women.
The ones you can find fit into these categories.
Men often don't have careers
Men often live at home
Men often don't know how to communicate with women
Men often don't care for or try to be a better person
Men often don't care for church

Some men are divorced and have kids--not undoable, but not my first choice.


When you find a good possibility of someone who has a career, seems to have goals, is strong in the gospel, doesn't life in home and someone you could be interested in they often are not clear or give mixed messages.

My conclusions
It means that they are just over 30, Mormon and single and don't know how to be in a relationship.
It means that they are not into you.
It means they are busy.
It means that they may have someone else they are interested in.

It could mean any or all of the above.

If it was 100% clear that they were not into me, then it would be easy to move on, but the problem is the semi-frequent cryptic messages that keep you on that back burner just in case.  I don't like being on the back burner.  There is only so much I can do with few semi frequent messages.  I have done my part and can't do anymore.

The truth is, I still want one.  I want to be married, but in a good marriage.  
 

THE END

No comments:

Post a Comment